Activewear is a popular choice for many women who want to stay fit, comfortable, and stylish. Whether you’re into yoga, running, hiking, or any other physical activity, you need clothes that can support your movement and performance. However, not all activewear brands are created equal. Many of them use synthetic fabrics that are derived from fossil fuels and harmful chemicals that pollute the environment and harm your health. Moreover, many of them exploit workers in sweatshops and factories that violate human rights and labor standards. If you care about the planet and the people who make your clothes, you may want to switch to sustainable activewear brands. These brands use eco-friendly materials such as organic cotton, bamboo, hemp, or recycled plastic that are renewable, biodegradable, or recyclable. They also use natural dyes, ethical production methods, and fair trade practices that respect the environment and the workers. In this article, we will introduce you to some of the best sustainable activewear brands for women that offer high-quality, stylish, and affordable options for your workout wardrobe.
The Best Sustainable Activewear Brands for Women
Here are some of the best sustainable activewear brands for women that you can shop from:
- Girlfriend Collective: Girlfriend Collective is a female-founded brand that makes inclusive and ethical activewear from recycled materials such as plastic bottles and fishing nets. The brand offers a range of leggings, sports bras, bike shorts, tanks, tees, and outerwear in various colors and sizes. The brand is transparent about its environmental and social impact and provides a sustainability report for each product.
- Boody: Boody is a certified sustainable activewear brand with eco-ethics ingrained in every fiber. The brand creates the softest, most comfortable clothing essentials, sports bras, underwear, and basics for men, women, and kids. The brand uses organic bamboo as its main material, which is naturally breathable, antibacterial, moisture-wicking, and thermo-regulating. The brand also uses low-impact dyes, recycled packaging, and ethical manufacturing.
- Wolven: Wolven is a BIPOC-owned brand that makes sustainable activewear inspired by nature and art. The brand uses recycled plastic bottles to create its fabrics, which are soft, stretchy, and durable. The brand also uses carbon-neutral shipping and plants a tree for every purchase. The brand offers a variety of leggings, sports bras, tops, shorts, joggers, and swimwear in vibrant prints and patterns.
- Iron Roots: Iron Roots is a sustainable activewear brand that uses natural materials such as hemp, eucalyptus, beechwood, and organic cotton to create its products. The brand aims to eliminate plastic from the activewear industry and provide a healthier alternative for both people and the planet. The brand offers a selection of t-shirts, hoodies, joggers, shorts, tanks, and sports bras for men and women.
- Tripulse: Tripulse is a sustainable activewear brand that combines performance and style with sustainability and ethics. The brand uses recycled materials such as plastic bottles and fishing nets to create its fabrics, which are breathable, moisture-wicking, odor-resistant, and UV-protective. The brand also uses water-based ink printing and recycled packaging. The brand offers a range of leggings, sports bras, tops, and jackets for women.
Sustainable activewear is not only good for the environment and the workers who make it but also good for you and your health. By choosing sustainable activewear brands for women, you can support ethical and eco-friendly practices while enjoying high-quality, stylish, and affordable clothes that can enhance your workout experience. Remember to have fun and express yourself!